Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Daybreakers takes today's popular fascination with vampires to epidemic proportions! In the movie's futuristic world almost all of mankind has turned into the blood-sucking creatures and now they are facing a shortage of food (ie: human blood).
Why Is Daybreakers Rated R?
Daybreakers is rated R for strong bloody violence, language and brief nudity.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Daybreakers...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit depictions of violence, including dismemberment, disembowelment and decapitation.
- Pervasive creature and weapons violence depicting blood, gore, detailed wounds and gruesome deaths.
- Portrayals of stabbing, shooting and mutilated corpses.
- Frequent graphic violence with detailed gory and gruesome images.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Breast nudity is shown in non-sexual contexts.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.>/p>
-Frequent use of profanities,scatological slang, vulgar expressions and slurs.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Frequent tobacco use (smoking).
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Daybreakers.
Vampire stories have been invading popular culture as of late. You can find them touted as romantic figures (Twilight and New Moon), super heroes (Cirque Du Freak: The Vampires Assistant) and a force to be reckoned with (Van Helsing). In I Am Legend another human fights for survival when a plague turns the rest of Earths inhabitants into zombies.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Daybreakers...
Daybreakers releases to DVD and Blu-ray on May 11, 2010.