Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Bad Blake (Jeff Bridges) is a has-been country singer who lives up to his name. But when the in-denial-alcoholic agrees to an interview with an aspiring journalist (Maggie Gyllenhaal), the musician thinks he may have found a reason to try to sober up.
Why Is Crazy Heart Rated R?
Crazy Heart is rated R for language and brief sexuality.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Crazy Heart...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Some scenes may frighten young children.
- Mild sexual references.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Implied sexual relationship.
- Several uses of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual content.
- Frequent coarse language, scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent depictions of drinking and alcohol abuse.
- Implied illegal drug use.
- Tobacco use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Crazy Heart.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Crazy Heart...
Crazy Heart releases to DVD and Blu-ray on April 20, 2010.
Crazy Heart releases on Blu-ray disc and DVD with the following deleted scenes:
- Bad Plays Somebody Else In Santa Fe
- Jean Helps Bad Pack Up
- Bad Visits Tommy Backstage
- Bad and Jean in Taos
- Bad Visits His Son
- Bad and Jean Talk About her Career
- Encouragement from Wayne
- Bad Relapses
Crazy Heart on Blu-ray also includes:
- Alternate music cuts: I Dont Know and “Brand New Angel”
- Featurette: Jeff Bridges, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Robert Duvall on What Brought Them to Crazy Heart
- Digital Copy of Crazy Heart