Check Our Content Info...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Outward appearances prove deceiving after Laura (Penélope Cruz) becomes romantically involved with a legal counselor (Michael Fassbender), only to discover he is tangled up in the illegal world of drug trafficking.
Why Is The Counselor Rated R?
The Counselor is rated R for graphic violence, some grisly images, strong sexual content and language
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in The Counselor...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of decapitation, beating and shooting.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons and gun violence with much blood and detail.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Adverse psychological impact.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent detailed references to illegal drug trafficking.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity with some detail and no nudity.
- Infrequent use of detailed sexual language and references.
- Infrequent references to sexual violence with some detail.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in sexual or aggressive contexts.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity and vulgar language.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Substance abuse.
- Scene of drug use involving marijuana.
- Tobacco use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to The Counselor.