The Counselor Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Counselor rated R? The Counselor is rated R by the MPAA for graphic violence, some grisly images, strong sexual content and language
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of decapitation, beating and shooting.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons and gun violence with much blood and detail.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Adverse psychological impact.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent detailed references to illegal drug trafficking.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity with some detail and no nudity.
- Infrequent use of detailed sexual language and references.
- Infrequent references to sexual violence with some detail.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in sexual or aggressive contexts.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity and vulgar language.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Substance abuse.
- Scene of drug use involving marijuana.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for The Counselor after the break...
News About "The Counselor"
Cast and Crew
The Counselor is directed by Ridley Scott and stars Brad Pitt, Michael Fassbender, Javier Bardem, Penélope Cruz, Cameron Diaz.
The most recent home video release of The Counselor movie is February 11, 2014. Here are some details…
The Counselor release to home video on February 11, 2014.