Why is The Raven rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Raven is rated R for for bloody violence and grisly images.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Visually explicit portrayals of violence, including throat slashing.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Several depictions of shooting, stabbing and slashing.
- Frequent, sometimes brutal, weapons violence and portrayals of corpses, with blood, gore and detail shown.
- - Graphic portrayals of torture and brutality.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Mild sexual references and innuendo.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing and vulgar expressions.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Alcohol abuse.
- Tobacco use