Why is Magic Mike rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Magic Mike is rated R for for pervasive sexual content, brief graphic nudity, language and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence (fighting).
- Frequent use of crude and sexual language and references.
- Several scenes of nudity, depicting breasts, buttocks and genitalia, in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Nudity in a sexual situation.
- Frequent sexually suggestive scenes, often in a strip club context.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of expletives and coarse language (approximately 220 instances).
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in sexual contexts.<->
- Frequent use of scatological slang and profanity
- Limited use of slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Alcohol abuse.
- Three scenes of drug use involving marijuana, GHB and ecstasy.
- Frequent tobacco use.