Why is The Devil Inside rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Devil Inside is rated R for for disturbing violent content and grisly images, and for language including some sexual references.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Detailed disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Frequent gory and grotesque images.
- Depictions of beating, mutilation and drowning.
- Portrayal of suicide and an automobile accident.
- Several frightening scenes.
- Infrequent hand-to-hand and weapons violence, with blood and some detail shown.
- Infrequent portrayals of corpses, nightmarish images, and occurrences (some in gruesome detail).
- Scene depicting crude content.
- Sexual references.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity and crude sexual language.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol and Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.