Why is The Conjuring rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Conjuring is rated R for for sequences of disturbing violence and terror
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence, many involving children.
- Frequent nightmarish imagery, portrayals of corpses, and unexplained aural and visual phenomena, with some blood and detail shown.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Several frightening scenes depicting supernatural beings.
- Depiction of fighting.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Mild sexual references.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and mild cursing.
- Limited use of slurs.