Posted July 8, 2014 and updated on July 8, 2014
Why is Bad Words rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Bad Words is rated R for for crude and sexual content, language and brief nudity.
Please Note: We have not viewed this movie. The information below is a summary based on data gathered from government and industry sponsored film classification agencies in various global regions.This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief non-graphic violence.
- Two depictions of beating.
- Two sexually suggestive scenes with no nudity and a little detail.
- Breast nudity in a sexual context.
- Non-sexual nudity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Frequent use of crude sexual language and references
- Crude content.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in an aggressive or sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, crude vulgar expressions, and ethno-cultural slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Alcohol use in a recreational context, sometimes involving children.
- Tobacco use (smoking).