|Video Release:||25 Mar 2014|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is The Wolf of Wall Street Rated R?
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the strong sexual content in this film some readers have been confused about our “review” of this movie. Like most R-rated movies, we did not review The Wolf of Wall Street but instead we provide you with content information through various government and industry ratings agencies. In addition the vast media coverage of this film has repeatedly indicated it contains frequent graphic sex scenes and over 500 sexual expletives. Parents are wise to heed the R-rating on this movie. As you are visiting our site it is highly unlikely you will find this movie in any way appropriate for children or teens.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief explicit violence.
- Sexual violence.
- Portrayals of hand-to-hand violence (punching, slapping), sometimes in a domestic context.
- Frequent, detailed portrayals of sexual activity, with breast and buttock nudity.
- Frequent male and female frontal nudity (breast, buttock, genitalia) in a non-sexual context.
- Simulated and implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual innuendo.
- Crude content.
Approximately 700 instances of coarse language including:
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, sexual and ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions. - Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language and references.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent tobacco use (smoking).
- Detailed alcohol use and abuse.
- Pervasive and detailed portrayals of illegal drug use (marijuana, cocaine and Quaaludes).