Why is The White Ribbon rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The White Ribbon is rated R for for some disturbing content involving violence and sexuality.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Depictions of slapping, beating and whipping.
- Upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Sexually suggestive scenes.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Non-sexual nudity is seen.
- Embracing and kissing
- Use of mild profanity.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.