|Video Release:||24 Jan 2012|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is The Whistleblower Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with details and blood.
- References to and portrayals of human trafficking.
- Brief nudity shown in the context of forced prostitution.
B- Depictions of beating, shooting and torture.
- Gory and grotesque images, including the portrayal of corpses.
- Frequent portrayals of fear and emotional suffering.
- Brief portrayals of sexual violence.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Nudity in a brief sexual situation.
- Portrayals of breast, buttock, and female frontal nudity in a context of human trafficking.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Alcohol and tobacco use.