Why is We’re the Millers rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: We’re the Millers is rated R for for crude sexual content, pervasive language, drug material and brief graphic nudity.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief non-graphic violence.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, electrocution and shooting.
- Portrayals of gun and hand-to-hand violence in a comic context, with little blood shown.
- Three scenes of nudity, depicting buttocks and genitalia, in non-sexual contexts.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexually suggestive scene.
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language with some detail.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
Approximately 170 instances of coarse language including:
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive, many in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Drug and Alcohol abuse:
- References to drugs and alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use.
|British Columbia||14A||Coarse and Sexual Language.|
|Alberta||14A||Crude Coarse Language, Sexual Content.|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended for Children. Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|