Why is We Need to Talk About Kevin rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: We Need to Talk About Kevin is rated R for for disturbing violence and behavior, some sexuality and language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
-Brief explicit violence.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Infrequent weapons and hand-to-hand violence, with some blood and detail shown.
- Portrayals of corpses (including children),with some blood and detail shown.
- Disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with brief buttock and breast nudity shown.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references and innunedo.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Infrequent use of profanity, scatological slang, cursing, developmental slurs, and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of crude sexual language.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Tobacco use.