Why is A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas is rated R for for strong crude and sexual content, graphic nudity, pervasive language, drug use and some violence.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Infrequent weapons and hand-to-hand violence (blood and detail shown).
- Occasional gory images.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language and references.
- Brief portrayals of sexual activity (breast nudity shown).
- Embracing and kissing.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Breast, buttock and male and female frontal nudity seen in non-sexual contexts.
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions (some detail shown).
- Offensive scenes.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent, detailed portrayals of illegal drug use for recreational purposes (some of which involve children).
- Alcohol abuse.
- Tobacco use.
|British Columbia||18A||Frequent Coarse and Sexual Language, Explicit Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Substance Abuse, Crude Content|
|Manitoba||18A||Crude Content, Coarse Language, Substance/Alcohol Abuse.|
|Ontario||18A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse.|
|Quebec||13+||Eroticism, Vulgar Language.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|