Why is Trance rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Trance is rated R for for sexual content, graphic nudity, violence, some grisly images, and language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief visually explicit violence.
- Depictions of beating, fighting, shooting, choking and mutilation.
- Domestic violence, with blood, brutality, and some detailed wounds shown.
- Prolonged and graphic portrayal of torture and brutality (suffering and blood shown).
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with breast nudity and some detail shown.
- Infrequent male buttock and female frontal nudity (depicting breasts, buttocks and genitalia) in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual innuendo and references.
- Simulated and implied sexual activity
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of profanity
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- -References to drugs, alcohol or tobacco use.
|British Columbia||14A||Violence, Sexually Suggestive Scenes, Nudity.|
|Manitoba||14A||Violence, Sexual Content, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||18A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content, Graphic Violence.|
|Canadian Home Video|