Why is The Town rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Town is rated R for for strong violence, pervasive language, some sexuality and drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of graphic violence.
- Frequent portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Depictions shooting, beating and fighting (some blood and detail shown).
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Breast nudity seen in a sexual situation.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Brief simulated sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references and crude language.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context,
- infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity and mild cursing.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- References to drugs, alcohol and tobacco.
- Substance abuse.