Why is Titanic rated PG-13?
Official MPAA Rating: Titanic is rated PG-13 for for disaster related peril and violence, nudity, sensuality and brief language.
Pushing the limits of the PG-13 rating, Titanic includes multiple views of a woman’s naked breasts (as she poses for an artist), a sexual encounter between an unmarried teen couple (some activity shown), a sexual expletive along with other mild and moderate profanities, and glamorization of gambling, drinking and smoking. As well, suicide is contemplated and violent threats against life are made. The peril and trauma of the passengers on board the fated ship may also be disturbing to some viewers.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence.v
- Frequent portrayals of violent death and corpses (some involving children).
-A character contemplates suicide.
- Breast nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual relations.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context, and one crude hand gesture.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and cursing.
- Infrequent use of profanity and mild sexual slang.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use.
- Depictions of gambling.