Posted May 26, 2015 and updated on May 28, 2015
Why is Love & Mercy rated PG-13?
Official MPAA Rating: Love & Mercy is rated PG-13 for for thematic elements, drug content and language.
Please Note: We have not viewed this movie. The information below is a summary based on data gathered from government and industry sponsored film classification agencies in various global regions.Violence:
- Brief non-explicit violence.
- Infrequent references to domestic violence involving children, with some detail.
- Sexual references.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing and profanity- some in an aggressive context.
- Sexual slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol use.
- Substance use.
- Portrayals of the misuse and effects of alcohol, prescription medications and illegal drugs.