Why is This Is The End rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: This Is The End is rated R for for crude and sexual content throughout, brief graphic nudity, pervasive language, drug use and some violence
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Visually explicit portrayals of violence shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent gun, weapons and hand-to-hand violence, with blood and detail.
- Explicit depiction of decapitation and dismemberment.
- Depictions of beating, stabbing, dismemberment, impalement, mutilation, burning and explosion.
- Nudity shown in a non-sexual context.
- Portrayal of sexual activity with breast and buttocks nudity shown with some detail.
- Brief male genital nudity in a comic context.
- Crude content.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language and references.
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions (urination and vomiting) shown in some detail.
Approximately 400 instances of coarse language including:
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Aggressive slurs and sexual references.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of illegal drug use (marijuana, cocaine and ecstasy), for recreational purposes.
- Detailed, graphic portrayals of substance abuse.
- Tobacco use.
|British Columbia||18A||Frequent Coarse Language, Explicit Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Substance Abuse, Crude Coarse Language, Gory Violence.|
|Manitoba||18A||Brutal Violence, Crude Content, Substance/Alcohol Abuse.|
|Ontario||18A||Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Graphic Violence.|
|Quebec||13+||Horror, Vulgar Language|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|