|Video Release:||31 Jan 2012|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is The Thing Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence, with blood and tissue damage shown.
- Violent acts depicted in a realistic manner with details and extreme brutality.
- Frequent portrayals of creature, gun, and weapons violence, with blood, gore and detail.
- Frequent nightmarish and frightening images, often in a transformation context, with blood, gore and detail.
- Several scenes of explicit violence depicting mutilation, impalement, dismemberment and burning.
- Frequent disturbing scenes.
- Frequent gory and grotesque images.
- Mild sexual language and references.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in non-sexual contexts.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions; .
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.