Why is The Watch rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Watch is rated R for for some strong sexual content including references, pervasive language and violent images.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Explicit depiction of impalement.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, shooting, evisceration and decapitation.
- Scene depicting several characters engaged in sexually suggestive activity.
- Breast nudityin a sexual context.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of crude and sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
- Approximately 47 instances of sexual language.
- Approximately 145 instances of coarse language.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in sexual contexts.
- Excessive use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Alcohol abuse.
- Substance abuse.
- Two scenes of drug use involving marijuana.
- One portrayal of implied illegal and prescription drug use for recreational purposes – no detail.
|British Columbia||18A||Sexually Suggestive Scene, Explicit Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Crude Sexual Content.|
|Manitoba||18A||Crude Content, Sexual Content. Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content, Graphic Violence.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|