Why is That’s My Boy rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: That’s My Boy is rated R for for crude sexual content throughout, nudity, pervasive language and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Infrequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Depictions of fighting, beating and electrocution.
- Frequent upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Nudity, depicting breasts and buttocks, in sexual contexts.
- Frequent breasts and buttocks nudity shown in non-sexual contexts.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Four sexually suggestive scenes.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual language and innuendo.
- Crude content.
- Infrequent crude portrayals of bodily functions (shown in some detail).
- Approximately 207 instances of coarse language.
- Approximately 42 instances of sexual language.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in aggressive or sexual contexts.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of profanity, cursing, ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions.
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use (smoking).
- Alcohol abuse.
- Three scenes of drug use involving marijuana and cocaine.
|British Columbia||14A||Frequent Coarse and Sexual Language, Sexually Suggestive Scenes.|
|Alberta||18A||Crude Sexual Content.|
|Ontario||18A||Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Disturbing Content.|
|Canadian Home Video|