|Video Release:||30 Apr 2013|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is Texas Chainsaw Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Explicit depictions of dismemberment, evisceration, mutilation and torture.
- Frequent, brutal portrayals of gun and weapons violence.
- Frequent portrayals of gruesome corpses with blood and details.
- Some scenes could have an adverse psychological impact.
- Several scenes of depicting beating, shooting, burning and stabbing.
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Nudity seen in a non-sexual context.
- Buttock nudity seen in a sexual context.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expression.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.
- Scene of drug use involving marijuana.
- Substance abuse.