Why is Ted rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Ted is rated R for for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Infrequent portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence, with a little blood and some detail shown.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
-Disturbing and offensive scenes.
- Frequent use of detailed crude and sexual language.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- One portrayal of breast nudity and one portrayal of buttock nudity in non-sexual contexts.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Implied and simulated sexual activity.
- Infrequent portrayals of and references to crude bodily functions.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Frequent use of ethno-cultural, sexual, and developmental slurs and derogatory language.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent portrayals of and detailed references to illegal drug use for recreational purposes.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Tobacco use.