|Video Release:||05 Oct 2010|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is Splice Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Upsetting or disturbing scenes, including nightmarish and frightening images.
- Portrayals of graphic violence.
- Frequent depictions of creature and weapons violence, as well as stabbings (blood and some impact shown).
- Breast nudity seen in non-sexual contexts.
- Portrayals of simulated sexual activity (breast, buttock and female frontal nudity shown).
- Portrayal of sexual assault (shown in some detail, but with no nudity).
- Embracing and kissing.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in non-sexual contexts.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity and vulgar expressions.