Why is The Sitter rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Sitter is rated R for for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, drug material and some violence.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Depictions of fighting, shooting and explosions, often in a comedic context.
- Infrequent non-graphic violence.
- Sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Brief portrayal of sexual activity (no nudity, but some detail shown).
- Crude content and language.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent portrayals of and references to crude bodily functions.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions.
- Ethno-cultural slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Two scenes depicting illegal drug use (some detail shown).
- Tobacco use.
|British Columbia||14A||Coarse and Sexual Language, Drug Use.|
|Alberta||14A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content.|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended for Young Children, Crude Content, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|