Posted November 18, 2014 and updated on November 18, 2014
Why is Sin City: A Dame to Kill For rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is rated R for for strong brutal stylized violence throughout, sexual content, nudity, and brief drug use.
Please Note: We have not viewed this movie. The information below is a summary based on data gathered from government and industry sponsored film classification agencies in various global regions.This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of explicit violence.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, sometimes in a context of brutality and intimidation.
- Frequent depictions of beating, shooting, stabbing, decapitation and eye gouging.
- Gory and grotesque images, including blood, dismemberment, and detail.
- Upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Several scenes of nudity, depicting breasts, buttocks and pubic region, in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Frequent female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity with breast nudity and some detail.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Simulated and implied sexual activity.
Approximately 21 instances of coarse language including:
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang.
- Frequent, often aggressive use of sexual slurs, vulgar expressions, and cursing.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Substance abuse.
- Frequent tobacco use.
- Alcohol abuse.