|Video Release:||21 May 2013|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is Side Effects Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons violence with some blood and little detail.
- Depictions of stabbing, slapping and electrocution.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity that include breast nudity, female frontal nudity and some detail .
- Implied and simulated sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, once in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, sexual references, and mild cursing.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Prescription drug use.