Why is Sex and the City 2 rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Sex and the City 2 is rated R for R for some strong sexual content and language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Limited portrayals of violence.
- Nudity in sexual situation.
- Simulated sexual activity (buttock nudity and some detail depicted).
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Infrequent use of profanity and cursing.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.
- Reference to use of illegal drugs for recreational purposes.