Why is Seven Psychopaths rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Seven Psychopaths is rated R for for strong violence, bloody images, pervasive language, sexuality/nudity and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent scenes of explicit violence.
- Depictions of throat-slitting, dismemberment, decapitation, shooting, stabbing, mutilation and burning.
- Pervasive gun, hand-to-hand, and weapons violence, with blood and some detail shown.
- Explicit torture.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Breast nudity shown in sexual contexts.
- Sexually suggestive scene
- Use of sexual language, references and innuendo
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Frequent use of sexual, developmental, and ethno-cultural slurs.
- Vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- References to drugs, alcohol and tobacco use.
- Tobacco use.
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Gory Violence, Language May Offend.|
|Ontario||18A||Brutal Violence, Coarse Language.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|