Why is Seeking a Friend for the End of the World rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Seeking a Friend for the End of the World is rated R for for language including sexual references, some drug use and brief violence.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- One portrayal of gun violence, with some blood and detail shown.
- Disturbing and offensive scenes.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Infrequent use of crude and sexual language.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, once in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent references to and portrayals of illegal drug use for recreational purposes.
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol consumption to excess, sometimes involving minors.
- Tobacco use.