Why is Saw VI rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Saw VI is rated R for for sequences of grisly bloody violence and torture, and language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence, including depictions of mutilated corpses, disembowelment, dismemberment, shooting, stabbing and compound fracture.
- Frequent graphic portrayals of torture and brutality.
- Frequent portrayals of self-mutilation and serious injury.
- Frequent, detailed, gory and grotesque images (blood and detail shown).
- Frequent disturbing scenes, which may have an extreme adverse psychological impact.
- Frequent portrayals of intense emotional and physical suffering, some involving children
- Sexual references.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Use of scatological slang, cursing and slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- References to drugs, alcohol and tobacco use.
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Brutal Violence, Gory Scenes.|
|Manitoba||R||Brutal Violence, Gory Scenes.|
|Ontario||18A||Brutal Violence, Gory Scenes, Disturbing Content.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|