Why is Saw 3D rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Saw 3D is rated R for for sequences of grisly bloody violence and torture, and language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Several scenes of explicit and prolonged graphic violence.
- Pervasive graphic portrayals of torture.
- Frequent disturbing scenes.
Frequent, detailed, gory images depicting decapitation, dismemberment, mutilation, shooting, impalement, explosions, electrocution, stabbing, strangulation, fighting and burning.
- Portrayals of mutilated corpses (blood and detail wounds shown).
- Frequent portrayals of self-mutilation and serious injury (blood, gore and detail shown).
- Pervasive portrayals of intense emotional and physical suffering.
- Scenes and situations may cause extreme adverse psychological impact.
- Breasts nudity shown in a non-sexual context.
- Limited embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit Violence.|
|Alberta||R||pervasive gruesome violence and suffering.|
|Manitoba||R||Brutal Violence, Gory Scenes.|
|Ontario||18A||Brutal Violence, Coarse Language, Disturbing Content.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|