|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is Sanctum Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of graphic and non-graphic violence.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Portrayals of drowning and fighting.
- Upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Infrequent hand-to-hand violence and depiction of a gory injury.
- Frequent portrayals of death and corpses with some blood, wounds, detail shown.
- Pervasive peril to main characters.
- Frequent portrayals of emotional suffering.
- Mild sexual references.
- Buttock nudity shown in a non-sexual content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of crude sexual language.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in non-sexual contexts.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions