Why is Safe rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Safe is rated R for for strong violence throughout, and for language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
-Detailed gory images.
- Disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Frequent depictions of fighting, stabbing, beating and shooting.
- Pervasive gun, weapons and hand-to-hand violence, with some blood and detail shown.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
Infrequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of profanity, ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions.
- Approximately 29 uses of coarse language
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use