Why is Rust and Bone rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Rust and Bone is rated R for for strong sexual content, brief graphic nudity, some violence and language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Several depictions of fighting, with some blood and detail shown.
- Brief explicit violence, with realistic detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Breasts, buttocks and genitalia nudity in non-sexual situations.
- Frequent portrayals of sexual activity, shown in some detail with breast and buttock nudity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Sexual references.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, mild cursing and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of profanity and slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- References to drugs and/or alcohol use.
- Tobacco use.
|British Columbia||18A||Sexually Suggestive Scenes.|
|Manitoba||18A||Violence, Sexual Content.|
|Ontario||18A||Sexual Content, Subtitled, Graphic Violence.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|