Why is The Runaways rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Runaways is rated R for for language, drug use and sexual content - all involving teens.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
Violence:- Brief portrayals of graphic violence.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Frequent disturbing and offensive scenes.
- Breast and buttock nudity seen in a sexual situations.
- Breast and buttock nudity seen in a non-sexual context.
- Brief simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Frequent use of crude sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations once in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent portrayals of use of illegal drugs for recreational purposes.
- Frequent use of alcohol and tobacco products by minors.