|Video Release:||14 Feb 2012|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is The Rum Diary Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Occasional upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief portrayals of graphic violence.
- Depictions of fighting, weapons use, beating and burning.
- Suspenseful situations.
- Two portrayals of violence toward animals in a gambling context.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Breast nudity in a sexual situation.
- Simulated sexual activity (some detail).
- Crude content
- Embracing and kissing
- Implied sexual activity
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in sexual contexts
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
- Use of sexual and ethno-cultural slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent portrayals of illegal drug and excessive alcohol use for recreational purposes (some detail).
- Tobacco use.