Why is A Royal Affair rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: A Royal Affair is rated R for for sexual content and some violent images.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief non-graphic violence.
- Depictions of beating and mutilation.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence with some blood and little detail.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Four portrayals of sexual activity with brief breast and buttock nudity, as well as some detail.
- Breast nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and mild cursing.
- Infrequent crude sexual references.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Alcohol abuse.
|British Columbia||14A||Sexually Suggestive Scenes, Nudity.|
|Manitoba||14A||Mature Theme, Sexual Content|
|Ontario||14A||Sexual Content, Subtitled.|
|Quebec||G||Not Recommended For Young Children.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|