Why is Resident Evil: Retribution rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Resident Evil: Retribution is rated R for for sequences of strong violence throughout.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence shown in a realistic manner with blood and tissue damage.
- Disturbing scenes and gory images.
- Frequent fantasy horror.
- Pervasive portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence with some blood, detail shown.
- Frequent depictions of beating, shooting, mutilation, impalement, decapitation and explosion.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and mild cursing.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Tobacco use.