Why is Resident Evil: Afterlife rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Resident Evil: Afterlife is rated R for for sequences of strong violence and language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Frequent portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Several scenes of explicit violence depicting shooting, stabbing, decapitation and explosions.
- Frequent zombie, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence (blood, gore and detailed wounds shown).
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive and variations,
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and cursing.