Why is Prometheus rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Prometheus is rated R for for sci-fi violence including some intense images, and brief language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence, with gory and grotesque images.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of beating, shooting, burning, mutilation, decapitation and explosion.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Frequent weapons and hand-to-hand violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of medical procedures, with some blood and detail shown.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and profanity.
- Infrequent mild sexual references.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.