Why is Project X rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Project X is rated R for R for crude and sexual content throughout, nudity, drugs, drinking, pervasive language, reckless behavior and mayhem - all involving teens.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Non-graphic violence.
- Infrequent weapons and hand-to-hand violence shown in some detail.
- Animal cruelty.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Frequent, aggressive use of crude and descriptive sexual language,references and innuendo.
- Brief portrayals of sexual activity (with breast nudity).
- Frequent breast nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Embracing, kissing and fondling.
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions, shown in some detail.
- Crude content.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, some times in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, sexual and ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent, detailed portrayals of illegal drug use for recreational purposes.
- Detailed alcohol abuse.
- Tobacco use.
|British Columbia||18A||Frequent Coarse Language.|
|Alberta||18A||Substance Abuse, Crude Content, Language May Offend.|
|Manitoba||18A||Sexual Content, Coarse Language, Substance/Alcohol Abuse.|
|Ontario||18A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content, Crude Content.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|