Why is Piranha 3DD rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Piranha 3DD is rated R for for sequences of strong bloody horror violence and gore, graphic nudity, sexual content, language and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent animal violence in a horror context, with blood, gore and detailed wounds.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Pervasive breast nudity seen in a non-sexual contexts.
- Infrequent male and female frontal nudity.
- Nudity in a brief sexual situation.
- Simulated and implied sexual activity.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of profanity, cursing, and crude sexual references.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Portrayals of drug use for recreational purposes.