|Video Release:||11 Jan 2011|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is Piranha 3-D Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of graphic violence.
- Frequent disturbing scenes.
- Frequent, detailed, gory and grotesque images.
- Pervasive, brutal animal violence (blood, gore and detailed wounds depicted).
- Frequent portrayals of mutilated corpses (gruesome detail shown).
- Several scenes of explicit violence depicting dismemberment, disembowelment and decapitation.
- Several scenes of nudity (depicting breasts, buttocks and genitalia) in non-sexual contexts.
- Limited instances of nudity in a sexual situation.
- Infrequent portrayals of crude sexual performances.
- Embracing and kissing
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and cursing.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Portrayal of drug use for recreational purposes.