Why is Piranha 3-D rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Piranha 3-D is rated R for for sequences of strong bloody horror violence and gore, graphic nudity, sexual content, language and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of graphic violence.
- Frequent disturbing scenes.
- Frequent, detailed, gory and grotesque images.
- Pervasive, brutal animal violence (blood, gore and detailed wounds depicted).
- Frequent portrayals of mutilated corpses (gruesome detail shown).
- Several scenes of explicit violence depicting dismemberment, disembowelment and decapitation.
- Several scenes of nudity (depicting breasts, buttocks and genitalia) in non-sexual contexts.
- Limited instances of nudity in a sexual situation.
- Infrequent portrayals of crude sexual performances.
- Embracing and kissing
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and cursing.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Portrayal of drug use for recreational purposes.