Why is Paul rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Paul is rated R for for language including sexual references, and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief portrayals of graphic violence.
- Depictions of fighting, shooting and explosion (with some blood and detail).
- Some grotesque images.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Frequent use of crude and sexual language, references, and innuendo.
- Infrequent use of sexual slurs.
- Two scenes depicting buttock nudity in non-sexual contexts.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in non-sexual contexts.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Three scenes depicting illegal drug use for recreational purposes.