Why is Parker rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Parker is rated R for for strong violence, language throughout and brief sexual content/nudity.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Pervasive gun, hand-to-hand, and weapons violence, with blood, impact, and some detail shown.
- Depictions of beating, choking, shooting, stabbing and impalement.
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Frequent explicit violence shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage..
- Disturbing and gory scenes.
- Breast nudity seen in a non-sexual context.
- Breast nudity in a sexual context.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references.
Approximately 95 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and cursing.
Drug and Alcohol Use: