Why is Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones is rated R for for pervasive language, some violence, graphic nudity and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frightening depictions of supernatural beings and unexplained phenomena (sometimes involving animals) with some blood and detail shown.
- Portrayals of fighting, beating, shooting and suicide, with some blood and little detail.
- Scenes containing some grotesque images.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Nudity(depicting breasts, buttocks and pubic region) in a non-sexual context.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 290 instances of coarse language including:
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Alcohol use and abuse.
- Illegal drug use involving marijuana.
|British Columbia||14A||Frequent Coarse Language, Frightening Scenes.|
|Alberta||14A||Frightening Scenes, Coarse Language.|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended For Children, Frightening Scenes, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Violence, Substance Abuse,|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|