Why is Pain & Gain rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Pain & Gain is rated R for for bloody violence, crude sexual content, nudity, language throughout and drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of explicit graphic violence.
- Frequent depictions of beating, shooting, electrocution, burning and explosion.
- Graphic portrayals of torture and brutality, with blood, dismemberment, and detail.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images
- Occasional upsetting and disturbing scenes
- Portrayals of sexual activity, with no nudity and some detail.
- Implied and simulated sexual activity.
- Breast and buttock nudity in sexual and non-sexual context.
- Frequent detailed crude sexual references.
- Sexual innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 214 instances of coarse language including:
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, sexual and ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions, sometimes in an aggressive context.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent detailed and graphic portrayals of substance abuse.
- Several scenes of drug use involving cocaine.