|Video Release:||27 Aug 2013|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is Pain & Gain Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of explicit graphic violence.
- Frequent depictions of beating, shooting, electrocution, burning and explosion.
- Graphic portrayals of torture and brutality, with blood, dismemberment, and detail.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images
- Occasional upsetting and disturbing scenes
- Portrayals of sexual activity, with no nudity and some detail.
- Implied and simulated sexual activity.
- Breast and buttock nudity in sexual and non-sexual context.
- Frequent detailed crude sexual references.
- Sexual innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 214 instances of coarse language including:
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, sexual and ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions, sometimes in an aggressive context.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent detailed and graphic portrayals of substance abuse.
- Several scenes of drug use involving cocaine.