Why is Orphan rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Orphan is rated R for for disturbing violent content, some sexuality and language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of non-graphic violence
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Frequent gun, weapons, and brutal hand-to-hand violence..
- Frequent disturbing scenes, along with portrayals of emotional and psychological suffering.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing, kissing and fondling.
- Mild sexual references and language.
- Limited instances of brief simulated sexual activity.
- Infrequent depictions of print pornography and sexual imagery (breast and female frontal nudity shown).
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of profanity, vulgar expressions and slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Some substance abuse and tobacco use.